New england UCC & Business Searches

UCC Searches in New England
Law firms, lending institutions, banks, service companies and a variety of other businesses across New England use //// for their public information retrieval needs.  //// provides efficient and cost-effective services. Seasoned industry experts handle all assignments.  After decades in New England making UCC filings, performing UCC searches and other business document searches, we know what we are doing. 

New England UCC filing or lien is a notice filed by a lender at the appropriate Secretary of State notifying that they have an interest in one or more assets of the business. Lenders file UCC-1 statements most of the time. These are common when the business is given a commercial loan. They work as a lien on the assets of the business. These filings are required by the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) to secure the collateral for the loans. If a business has a lien, it means that the business won't be able to sell that asset before paying the lender back. That's why it's recommended that you do a New England UCC search to know the status of your business or any assets of a business you're buying. By conducting a search, you'll make an informed decision or fix any problems before it's too late.  

New England UCC Search: How Does It Work?
Using ////'s corporate document retrieval service, you'll get the information you need.  We will need you to provide information like the debtor's name, jurisdiction, type of search, among other details. Simply pick up the phone and call us, and we'll take care of the rest.  Using our service, you can find any UCC certifications related to the subject business.

New England Rates

Secretary of State

UCC Search
UCC Filing
Corporate Information Report
Corporate Name Availability
Corporate Document Retrieval
Corporate Filing Service


Miscellaneous Services

State Department of Vital Records
State Vital Records
U.S. District Court
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Town/City Searches
Real Estate Searches


The above fees are  per name searched and do not reflect copy, fax or other statutory charges. Normal turn-around time is 4-48 hours, depending on the jurisdiction involved.  Please call for a comprehensive quote on any assignment. This would include turn-around time and anticipated billing.

The Uniform Commercial Code is a set of uniform laws governing commercial transactions. The Code covers the sale of goods, commercial paper, bank deposits and collections, letters of credit, bulk transfers, warehouse receipts, bills of lading and investment securities.

The Uniform Commercial Code governs commercial transactions.  Financing statements are filed by banks, mortgage companies and other lending institutions against secured collateral.

Each state serves as the central filing office for financing statements regarding security interests. A financing statement indicates a commercial agreement between a debtor and a secured party.  Searches provide information on collateral. When a debtor pledges collateral on a loan, UCC search results tell lenders if others have filed a claim against the same collateral.

What is a debtor?

A debtor is a borrower who owes a debt. More specifically, a debtor means the person who owes payment against a secured obligation.

What is a secured party?

A secured party means a lender, seller or other person in whose favor there is a security interest.

How does the search work?

Search requests are used to find initial financing statements, amendments, debtor correction statements and other lien notices.  

How long does a financing statement last?

If a continuation is not filed, the financing statement will lapse 5 years from the original filing date. A continuation extends the filing period 5 additional years from the initial filing date. Subsequent continuations may be filed in increments of 5 years and always expire on the anniversary date of the initial filing. A continuation may be filed up to 6 months before the expiration date of the financing statement. Under Article 9, all lapsed and terminated filings remain active for search reporting purposes for one year after the initial financing statement lapses or would have lapsed.

Where should I file?  

The Uniform Commercial Code designates where to file based on the location of the debtor. The collateral location no longer determines where to file. Filings for organizations are made in the state where the organization is registered. Filings for individuals are made in the state of residence. Filing in the wrong office is not a rejection reason listed in the statute.

Call Us Today